Important Audition Dates
COVID-19 Policies for On-campus Auditions
NOTE: These policies will be updated for fall 2023 admission in fall 2022.
The Bienen School requires that all visitors to our buildings adhere to the following policies and guidelines to participate in an on-campus audition:
- All visitors must present proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of the visit in order to participate. You will be asked to provide documentation when you check in for your audition at the Office of Music Admission. Do not send this documentation in advance.
- Visitors who neglect to bring documentation of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours have the option of completing a rapid COVID-19 test on campus at the Jacobs Center, located at 2001 Sheridan Road. Those who take advantage of this option will need to complete this test and share results in order to be eligible to have an in-person audition. Please allow at least two hours for this process as we cannot guarantee a short wait for a rapid test. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the cancellation of the in-person audition.
- All visitors must wear a mask covering their mouth and nose while inside all buildings. If you do not bring a mask, they will be available at the entrance of the Ryan Center for the Musical Arts. Mask usage during the audition is encouraged if it is possible given the instrument.
- A student may be accompanied in our buildings by up to two guests. However, guests may not enter the audition room with the student but must also wear masks, regardless of vaccine status.
- Students and guests must follow all University guidelines.
- Visiting students and/or guest(s) who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 must notify the faculty member and cancel the in-person audition. For a full list of symptoms, please see the University's health monitoring page.
- Visiting students and/or guests who do not follow safety guidelines and policies or faculty/staff instructions will be asked to leave.